Health & Safety Representative Refresher Training
This course is designed to refresh the information and skills attained by HSRs during the initial 5-day training course. The course covers:
- the Work Health & Safety legislation
- the application of the legislation to role of elected HSRs
- the roles and functions of an elected HSR, including the power to issue Provisional Improvement Notices and direct unsafe work to cease
All HSRs are entitled to request annual refresher training
$280 [gst exempt]
To be eligible for this refresher training you must be an elected HSR who has completed the approved 5-day HSR training course [or the 1-day HSR Bridging training offered in 2012].
All participants must provide a copy of their 5-day HSR training certificate or their Bridging training certificate.
All participants are required to provide proof of identity prior to commencing the course.
The proof of identity documents must include the participant’s name and:
• photo (eg current driver’s licence, passport)
• signature (eg current driver’s licence, credit card).
Session 1: WHS legislation
Session 2: Consultation, representation & participation under the WHS Act
Session 3: Participating in consultation & issue resolution as a HSR
Session 4: Monitoring PCBUs management of WHS risks & notifiable incidents
Session 5: Provisional Improvement notices [PINs] and ceasing unsafe work
The course runs for 7 hours from 9 am to 5 pm
A SafeWork NSW approved certificate will be issued to all participants who complete the entire course.
Participants who complete one or more topics (but not all topics) are
to be issued with a ‘topic completion certificate’ with details of the topics completed.
All participants receive a comprehensive participant's manual which contains
- full participant notes,
- copies of the presentation slides,
- Code of Practice for Consultation, Co-operation & Coordination,
- Worker Representation & Participation Guide.